Practice Director / Seattle
Cynthia is a senior leader who specializes in defining and implementing people and change strategies that set companies apart and radically improve their results. She has more than 25 years of experience leading global businesses at Microsoft and Starbucks and complex consulting projects at companies across multiple industries and functions.
Cynthia’s “in the trenches” experience managing start-up, mature, and turn-around organizations gives her an intimate understanding of the challenges businesses face. Her depth of knowledge in people strategy, organizational transformation, and how the modern workplace “works” gives her a unique toolkit to address them. Cynthia balances a passion for innovation with a drive for simplicity, practicality, and results.
Areas of Expertise:
- People strategy
- Strategy and leadership alignment
- Organization, culture, and work design
- Talent strategy and management
- Change management
Cynthia majored in English at Westmont College. She revels in exploring the world with her daughter, supporting arts and humanitarian organizations, and sharpening her edge as a fine art photographer.
Cynthia LaRowe's Insights:
- Surviving and Thriving as a Modern Workplace
- Don’t Be a Statistic: Four Change Management Myths
- From Hierarchy to Wirearchy – Managing People & Change in the Digital World
- Dispelling the Big Data Myth: A Practical Take on Talent Analytics